Photo by Catherine Guidry
Ready to dive into the biggest, baddest industry event for wedding/portrait photographers? The Wedding & Portrait Photography International Conference and Expo (aka WPPI) is just around the corner! Come to Las Vegas from February 7 - 9, and join over 12,000 attendees ready to learn, network, and party the way only photographers can.
Richard’s team of photo experts, film veterans, print masters, and marketing gurus will be on the show floor at booth #1525 to talk all-things photography with you. But that's not all—we've got a whole lot more planned (including a brand new booth that's so rad you'll want to camp out there for the whole show), and we're inviting you to join in on the fun. Register for FREE right now!
Richard has a primo lineup of interviews with the industry's top experts/influencers to talk about everything from building your business to feeding your creativity. With up to five interviews every single day of the show, you might never want to leave booth #1525!
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7th
10:45am: Jose Villa
"From Wedding to Commercial Photography"
12:40pm: Ann-Kathrin Koch
"Becoming a Destination Wedding Photographer"
1:30pm: Sara Russell of Wedding Sparrow
"Booking Weddings with Social Media"
2:20pm: Rebecca Yale
"Are You a Wedding Photographer or an Artist?"
3:10pm: Braedon Flynn
"From 6 to 60 Weddings: Shoot More Events Without Burning Out"
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8th
10:45am: Greg Finck
"Make Your Passion a Profitable Career"
11:35am: KT Merry
"The Business of Fine Art Photography"
12:40pm: Koby Brown
"Going Hybrid: Integrate Film into your Digital Workflow"
1:30pm: Sylvie Gil
"How to Get Your Photos Published"
2:20pm: Jose Villa
"The Essential Jose: Lessons from my Journey"
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9th
11:35am: Caroline Tran and Jaqueline Tobin, EIC of Rangefinder Magazine
"Photo Competitions: Submitting, Judging, and Everything After"
12:40pm: Joel Serrato
"No Excuses! Building Your Business in Two Years"
1:30pm: Rebecca Crumley, Weddings Photo Director of The Knot
"Editor's Tips for Wedding Photographers"
Bring your business cards to booth #1525, too, so you can enter to win some serious swag after each and every interview! So thankful to all our incredible friends that helped stuff our giveaway bags with these goodies:
- discounts on film services and print products from Richard
- loads of film rolls from Fujifilm
- free high-resolution image hosting services from Instaproofs
- 50% off a 12-month Fine Art Curation Listing with Wedding Sparrow
- vouchers for free film from Kodak Alaris
- hats, mugs, and delicious coffee beans from Verve Coffee
- beautifully crafted leather wallets from Hold Fast
- the inspiration-filled 2017 Engagement Edition of Flutter Magazine
- V7 and V9 of the lovely Southern Weddings Magazine
- a special gift from Fundy Designer
- a special gift from ShootProof
- discount vouchers and sample packs of the brand new Moab Juniper Baryta paper from Freestyle Photographic
- Richard t-shirts
- Richard camping mugs
- ...and more!
Be sure to check out the 30 Rising Stars Print Gallery on the show floor!
This image collection will be filled with inspirational eye-candy photographed by the 2016 winners, all printed and mounted by Richard on matte photographic paper provided by Kodak Alaris! Located at booth #1648, next to the WPPI Theater.
Come start the week with Richard by signing up for the WPPI Morning Keynote on Monday, February 6th! Our pals Jose Villa and Gian Carlo, one of the 30 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography 2016, will be sharing their insights on starting up your business, branding, networking and more. After the talk, come say hello at Richard's table (and even grab some discount vouchers)!
Available for Full Platform Pass holders only.
How about a little after-hours fun?!? Hang with some of the Richard crew on Tuesday, February 7th after the show. We'll be at Parasol in the Wynn starting at 7pm—stop on by and grab a drink with Richard!
When we roll out of Vegas, the sale rolls in! Keep an eye out to grab your promo code for Richard's Post-WPPI Sale on Friday, February 10th.
Print the best of 2016 with Richard using promo code 2016PRINTS17R in ROES to get:
- 8x10 no-correction photographic prints for just $1 each
- 11x14 and 12x12 no-correction photographic prints for just $2 each
- 20% off all other sizes of no-correction photographic prints!
Sale ends February 2, 2017, at 11:59pm PST. $1 and $2 pricing does not include add-on pricing (mounting, premium paper type upgrades, etc)
Let's truly embrace the idea of "New Year, New You"! Invest in yourself and spend four soul-inspiring days recharging your creativity at Yeah Field Trip 2017. It’s a magical land of learning, collaboration, and love (think summer camp meets art school meets Woodstock wrapped in a giant hug)—and that's why Richard can’t wait to be there.
We're bringing our VW van out to El Capitan Canyon this February to be your personal photo stop! Join Richard to:
- geek out on all things photography with Albany, one of the superstars from Richard's crew
- get NEXT-DAY processing, scanning, and printing of your film (that’s right, see your film images the very next day)
- chow down while you get down at the Field Trip dance party, because Richard's bringing pizza!!!
Jai Long of Free the Bird Photography teaching at Yeah Field Trip 2016
Ready to dust off your film camera, load up on some film, and get your creative juices a-flow-in? You can even save $100 dollars on your ticket right now just for being pals with Richard.
See you in the Canyon!